Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting
From: "Ben - ne5B" <NE5B@texasparadise.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:36:01 +0000
my 2 cents worth..

Rovers with APRS?  What's the big deal - I view it as the same as using the DX
Clusters looking for multipliers in HF contests....

So what if APRS gives fixed stations a slight advantage it helps the Rovers the
most, and what's wrong with that?   Seems to me that the rovers are expending a
lot of effort and these days expen$e for gasoline, so why not give them a
little more  advantage?

What about those that use cell phones to call their buddies so they can work
the new grid square?  You know it happens.   With APRS everyone came have the
same advantage!

73 Ben - ne5B

Sent via the WebMail system at texasparadise.com