[VHFcontesting] One "Idiot's" Reply - The Real WTX Story

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] One "Idiot's" Reply - The Real WTX Story
From: K3uhf@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:36:23 EDT
You couldn't do points, but qsos and let them pick and choose the best.  One
option is zero points if in the same or adjacent grid but you would still put
the multiplier in as to not punish them for being there.  In this case the one
station that made 134 non rover-rover qsos would multiply that number by the
16 grids and 10 bands multipliers from those in his team for a score of 21,440
unless other grids were activated or bands higher than 2 meters were used.
To do something like this would level the playing field and encourage rovers to
work back towards the rest of the contestants.  Grid circling would be dead
but grid scheduling would be alive and well.  Also if they could stay one full
grid apart and work each other for points this way I.E. CN 86 to CN 88 qso
points count, CN 86 to Cn 87 qso points don't get counted.  I would not argue
that its unfair or unsportsmanlike if the qsos that runs their scores up so
high
are made with a distance of 70 plus miles.  They also should make rules that
rovers stay within 100 kc above the calling frequency and on a standard fm
freq. per band when calling cq, so we can find them.

k3uhf