Re: [TowerTalk] Raising a mast on a tower with antennas still on it

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising a mast on a tower with antennas still on it
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:59:06 -0600
You should be able to secure the mast and tie back to the tower in 3 places holding it in place.  You must have the tower cranked up enough to access the rotor.  pull the plate holding the mast, remove rotor and rotor plate if needed.  Reverse to put in. Alternatively rent a crane or a man life.  You can also crank up the mast if you have the rotor out with a bottle jack or clamp a come along end to the mast and tie the other end above and crank away.

All much easier on a Rohn tower with bearing.

W0MU Mike