Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024

To: w7wll@peak.org, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024
From: kj6y--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 22:20:54 +0000 (UTC)
Use a Come Along.  Done it many times.

Skip Bolnick, KJ6YCommunications Service Cowww.kj6y.com818-522-5421
In a message dated 4/29/2024 10:57:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, w7wll@peak.org
writes:
Chuckle! Got on the air two months short of 70 years ago and there was
always some bitchin' going on the about some issue by a part of the ham
community. Today we're still bitchin', just the technical content has
changed. We haven't.

Now, how about telling me an easy way to lift a mast with a TH7DX and
A3WS on it up and out of a T2X rotator enough so I can yank the rotator
(broken tooth?) out. Would like to do it straight up and yes could tilt
the tower (HG-70HD) over but still leaves the rotator problem (1/2 boom
length of the TH7DX leaves the tower still way up with same problem).
Want to avoid having to drop the antenna.

Don W7WLL