Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR failure - ideas sought

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR failure - ideas sought
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:51:20 -0600
Did something happened that allowed the 15 driven to touch the boom?  That would be about the only thing that would make it disappear.  Maybe the insulating material broke down?  Over head hitting the 15 element?

Yes the driven elements could touch each other in the wind.  I made a couple of spacers out of a non conductive material and placed one or two on either side of the boom.  Heck A piece of pvc and zip ties would work for a long while.

W0MU Mike