Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:39:22 -0500
>Only somewhat related but I am reminded of a method of joining hardline
>pieces together 1000' from his shack shown to me in person by the late,
>great, Jack VE1ZZ(sk).  He brought both pcs up from the ground some distance
>above ground to clear snow (I think about 3-4') and soldered (etc)_ them
>together and then positioned a 2-Liter 'pop' bottle <bottom cut off> overtop
>of them as a rain/wx hood.

VE1ZZ had the right idea.  I've done the same thing here.

Yes when it comes to professionals I was thinking of the broadcast
industry.  Sorry if that offended all the cellular phone folks and
made you feel left out, but I've been to a lot of cell sites and don't
recall seeing any tape on anything anywhere.

73

Rob
K5UJ