Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 23:57:21 +0000
Me, either, regarding tape or other sealants.

At my last home in CA, the "cable company" was Spectrum and our utilities were
all underground, but they made their "splice" (coax) under a removable cover so
I could see it.

It was hardline spliced to flex line out by the curb, all underground but
exposed to easily see if you just removed a steel plate.   After rains, it was
all completely under water.

No tape, no sealants of any kind visible, just hardline spliced to flex line
like RG6 quad shield, all underwater, always worked perfectly after being
underwater for weeks.

Never had any signal loss or anything.  Standard F type coax connectors.   I
must admit those are pretty darned good, sealed with O-rings.