[TowerTalk] Electrical Tape & Fuel to the Fire

Subject: [TowerTalk] Electrical Tape & Fuel to the Fire
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:51:23 -0400
What has not been discussed here is how well cheap electrical tape works at
repeater sites where LMR-400 is being used in this type of service.  I mean
when taping up LMR-400 at a repeater site one has to remember to make sure the
framus is entirely water proofed and simple coax seal and tape may not do the
trick. If a liberal coating of Gronesteel is applied to the framus BEFORE the
first layer of tape (cheap or otherwise) is applied I think we can all agree
that the LMR-400 will work satisfactorily in repeater service as long as the
connections were made on day with little or no humidity. I think I speak for
all in this regard.   '74 all.    - Mike, K4CVL