Re: [TowerTalk] Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances

To: "'Wes Stewart'" <n7ws@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, "'Bob K6ZZ'" <bob.selbrede@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 15:57:32 -0800
I initially had this problem in San Mateo County, near SF.  The Planning Dept.
wanted to issue me a "conditional use permit" which would need to be renewed
every year.  I explained this is not a tower for commercial use such as a cell
tower.  They backed off and gave me a permit, only after I completed an
environmental review check list and came up with a design to prevent the new 36
square feet of impermeable surface (the concrete foundation) from disrupting
the flow of water on the hillside.  But they never created a new ordinance for
radio towers for personal use.
73,
Steve
N6SJ