Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Attachment Plate

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Attachment Plate
From: "tony.kaz--- via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 12:18:52 +0000 (UTC)
 How long before they rust outside?TnxN2TK, Tony
    On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 04:44:42 AM EDT, Jim Brown
<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 10/30/2023 9:33 PM, David Hachadorian wrote:
> Here's what I've been using for many years:
> https://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-23-Terminal-Ground-Bar-Kit-for-QO-Homeline-Electrical-Panel-Load-Center-PK23GTACP-PK23GTACP/100129430
>
> You could use two smaller ones, on different sides of the tower to make
> it neater.

This looks neat, but it really needs to be weatherproofed for the long
haul. I'd put this in some form of WX-proof enclosure, or throw a ton of
liquid tape at it. The enclosure is better.

I'm currently experiencing issues with 10 year old split-bolt
connections that aren't protected. Gotta send someone up a tower.

73, Jim K9YC