Re: [TowerTalk] DL6RAI SK

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DL6RAI SK
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 16:43:30 -0500
Exactly Stan... *And well said!*

73, Jim W7RY

On 5/29/2023 3:42 AM, Stan Stockton wrote:
What’s that thingy called that sticks up above the 55G “mast” that has the rotating antenna
attachment gizmo (previously thought to be properly called a boom to mast plate)?  Is it a tower, since it is
freestanding, or what are we supposed to be calling that 2 or 3 inch diameter round piece that is freestanding
above the “mast”?  Should we call it a pole?

I am saddened that I told someone recently that over the last 50 years I have put up
about 20 towers.  Turns out I’ve never put up a single tower.

I guess someone should take the entire archive of Towertalk and swap the word
mast with tower and tower with mast in every post.  Sorting out who meant what
over the last decade or two should keep us busy for another 20 years.

Stan, K5GO