Re: [TowerTalk] DL6RAI SK

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DL6RAI SK
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 10:57:35 -0700

The picture at this link shows severely corroded hollow tower legs that didn't just buckle ... there are multiple jagged breaks.

https://dxnews.com/forum/forum/silent-keys/52187-dl6rai-bernard-buettner-kuechbach-germany

I could imagine that much of the corrosion was inside the legs and not readily visible, but I had read elsewhere that the reason DL6RAI was on the tower was for the purpose of replacing it.  I don't know if that is true or not.

73,
Dave   AB7E