Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for typical size attic info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for typical size attic info
From: <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 07:00:27 -0500
I guess my comment Mark would be, why not just connect up with a remote
option?  You are never going to be satisfied with the serious downgrade both
transmitting and especially receiving with an attic beam in an HOA (which
usually mean housing density as well).

Separately, on the topic of HOAs, I remember living in one in Texas in the
90s.  I purposely bought a house next to a 1 acre common woods land and
backing up to the drainage swaths so that I would have some freedom to get
some wire antennas up in the trees.  That worked for about a year until a
nearby neighbor complained.  The HOA demanded I take down the antennas.  I
fought the HOA and won.  How?  Well it seemed that A LOT of hoses had wire
running up trees to have lights both permanently and for Xmas decorations.
The wires were permanently running up the trees in conduits.  Many had been
installed by the contractor when the house was built.  I told them if they
didn't require everyone of those installations removed along with mine, I
would sue them for selective enforcement.  No HOA wants to lose a selective
enforcement case because it can negate the whole portion of the HOA rules as
unenforceable and essentially kill it.  So they backed off and let me keep
my wires in my trees.

While HOAs suck for hams, don't let them intimidate you.  There are some
ways to push things in if they haven't been enforced properly or at all for
years.  No guarantees of course but worth looking out for.

Ed  N1UR