Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for typical size attic info

To: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for typical size attic info
From: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 01:37:18 +0000
God bless you all who fell into an HOA prior to becoming a ham or reactivating
a ham interest.  And God bless those who need their amentities and access to
facilities that they afford for medical reasons needed by members of your
households.
What confounds me is everyone else.

Growing up, I lived in a New York City apartment and had struggles with a
simple receiving antenna.  Then in New Jersey, I lived across the street from a
garden apartment complex with a defective master antenna system that caused me
grief when the realtor-agent tried to use the code officials to bully me.  Then
later, I had some neighbors in another town who felt it important to
(unsuccessfully) rid the neighborhood of my ham antenna.

So when it came time to move to Florida, both my wife and I wanted no part of
an HOA or an overreaching governing body.  For pete's sake, look at your deeds,
the local ordinances and state and regional land use laws and regulations
before buying property.

Here, it's my land and I keep my radio antennas out of the road, so things are
good.

73,
J. Gordon "Gordie" Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
201.314.6964