Re: [TowerTalk] Tower bolts: drive out or unscrew?

To: "'Keith Dutson'" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>, "'Mpridesti'" <mpridesti@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower bolts: drive out or unscrew?
From: al.n6ta@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 21:25:17 -0700
I got all the nuts unscrewed from the tower bolts with significant effort.  I
do not have that power tool so used aerokroil and an 18” breaker bar on the nut
and a box wrench on the bolt head with the wrench being held by the tower
itself.  1/6th of a turn on each pull on the bar, hardware screeching and
getting hot from friction.  Yesterday, I was on the tower for 1.75 hours and
got 6 (six!) nuts off the bolts.  Am I glad that is done and another lessen
learned about dealing with hardware that is less than first rate.  I hope use
of the TowerJack will let the bolts slide out easily.

Tnx es 73 de

Al

N6TA