[TowerTalk] DB408 support mast size

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DB408 support mast size
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:15:07 -0500
Our club has a DB408 that we are installing on a fire tower. We need a 10' support mast to elevate the antenna above the top of the tower to obtain 360 degree radiation. We want to use aluminum for easier installation. 1.5" aluminum pipe (1.9" OD with .145 wall) is locally available. Is this strong enough? The DB408 spec shows "Wind Loading at Velocity, maximum 76.0 lbf @ 100 mph". The tower is 90' tall, well above the treetops and in a flat area.

-de John NI0K rural Debs, MN