Re: Topband: TT8XX QSL Help

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TT8XX QSL Help
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 15:24:06 -0700
Great post, Wes. Propagation from here is even tougher than Tucson, although I probably have less noise.

73, Jim K9YC

On 4/27/2024 2:14 PM, Wes Stewart via Topband wrote:
  That is true.  Just getting permission to go there is problematic.  See:
https://www.dx-world.net/ft4gl-glorioso-island/
Despite chasing DX for 66 years, I was not on the air for the last, any only expedition in my
memory, because I was busy trying to make a living.  So Glorioso is the last one I need
for #1 HR.  I have yet to count any FT mode for DXCC and I would like to keep it that
way, but at my age (82) there won't be another expedition in this lifetime.  So even an
FT contact will be welcomed here.
 From southern AZ even that is far from a given.  This isn't a great path, but it's
not impossible.  What will make it so is QRM and with my current powerline noise,
QRN.
On a related note in this discussion, I support NCDXF (as do two DX clubs I'm a member
of), INDEXA and Clublog.  Additionally, I add personal support to, IMO, deserving
expeditions.  I've already sent Marek a Benjamin and if I get to make an OQRS
request there might be another one or two.

 From all accounts it's still cheaper than playing golf.
Wes  N7WS