Re: Topband: TT8XX QSL Help

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, Bill Gillenwater <k3sv@pa.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: TT8XX QSL Help
From: Wes Stewart via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:00:25 +0000 (UTC)
 Appears to me that if you want confirmation you pay up.  I wouldn't hold my
breath waiting for free LoTW.  I've heard that a lot of expeditions don't like
Clublog OQRS because they require that free QSLs via the bureau be issued. So
the only way to get tightwad Europeans and Asians* to pay up is to require it
for a QSL.
* See: "Who Pays for that New One?", QST, October 2018, pp 69-73.  Quote: "And,
while only 4% of North American stations request a QSL via the bureau, European
and Asian bureau requests average 14%, and those stations do not contribute to
the funding flow."
Steps off soap box.
Wes  N7WS

    On Monday, April 22, 2024 at 12:42:51 PM MST, Bill Gillenwater