Re: Topband: ARRL 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 11:00:33 -0600

Hi Ron,

The wrong call sign spotting and "run of dupes" happens a few times a year to me. The tipoff is that a bunch of guys that you worked within the past hour try to work you again on the same band. And no matter how many times you call CQ while correctly sending your call, they STILL call you; which confirms that the persistent callers are NOT Listening.

An opr. should ALWAYS copy the information. NO exceptions!

But you can't force people to actually do that any more than you can force them to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.

Bob, KQ2M