Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Questions

To: Jose_Carlos <N4IS@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Questions
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 00:39:42 -0500
Hi Jose,

I would like to make one more comment to make us all scratch our heads.
You said "The remain wires works like two vertical in phase, as the same in
any flag".  But the Flag when modeled has an RDF of around 7.8 but you can
model two 14 foot tall phased verticals (somewhat similar to verticals like
those used in the YCCC design as an example) spaced 29 feet apart (same
dimensions as a full size flag) and obtain an RDF of 9.26 which is
definitely not the same as the Flag (just something to ponder).

Don (wd8dsb)