Re: Topband: Unsubscribing

To: topband@contesting.com
From: Paolo Zaffi <i4ewh1@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:01:23 +0200
Il 17/09/2021 23:52, Greg - ZL3IX ha scritto:

It is with some sadness that I have to tell you that this will be my last post on Topband, after a presence of 24 years, including my activity as ZS5K.

Greg,

me too live in a VSUL (very small unlucky lot) but I never give up.  I founded a little radio club with some friends: I4AVG, IK4GME and I4EAT (now SK) 25 Km north of my city.  It means I have traveled a lot during the winter to reach an old country home full of antennas but also full of cobwebs and mices. I have to calculate time, propagation, and also check wheather because fog, snow or ice are a little dangerous, it would be very foolish to destroy my car to make a new one... and I'm not interested in a glorious end as a Homeric hero. Can I give you an advice? Look for some friends interested in low bands, maybe the solution is simpler than it seems, and maybe there is less fog in your country.

GL!

Paolo I4EWH