Re: Topband: Beverage directivity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage directivity
From: <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:28:06 -0400
I see differences on 80 and 40 for my beverages that I don't normally see on
160M.  It looks related to the angle of radiation - the more its coming down
on the wire vs towards the wire (low angle) - the less the directivity.  You
may find that this is related.  I have 8 beverages in various directions and
it is often surprising which one "hears a station the best".  But that's a
function of S/N ratio so it's a combo of null noise and gaining target
signal.

Is your ground conductivity really good?  If so, that may be affecting it as
well.  Mine is very poor in Vermont.

Ed  N1UR