Re: Topband: Twin Sloper

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Twin Sloper
From: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 18:49:27 -0400
I have a modified Alpha Delta sloper..well it started out as an Alpha Delta mounted at 70 feet on my 86 foot tower.  I jumpered the loading coil and lengthened the 40/160m wire to 130 feet or so.

 I now have 5 sloper wires. Two are for 160, two are for 80m and one is for 60m.  I run it without a tuner on 1.8 - 1.92 with an swr of 1:1.8 over that range.  It covers 3.5 to 3.85 with under 1.8:1.  It will also load easily with a tuner on 30m.  No tuner is needed on 60m

It did work on 40m until I added the second 160m wire and then I just increased the 40m wire to cover 60m instead.  There is some interaction going on which I never really investigated

To get it to work on 160 without a tuner,  I had to add a 140 foot counterpoise  wire which is connected to the tower leg at 70 feet where the feed coax is attached. This wire then slopes out in the opposite direction of the two 160m wires.

This sloper has worked very well for me.  Give it a try.  It worked Amsterdam Island on 160

73 Mark N1UK