Re: Topband: ARRL 160M and 1830-1835 change

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160M and 1830-1835 change
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 09:54:23 -0400
I’m glad that rule is gone from the ARRL 160. THEORETICALLY that should
have worked. What I observed year over year was that the ** DX ** didn’t
use it that much. Not altogether sure why.

I suspect that S&P stations didn’t start their scanning in the DX window
because most of their contacts were going to be NA not EU. So park up in
the DX window for your CQ and you’re not heard as much as down in 10 to 30.

For whatever reasons the window never seemed that busy. Now with 1840-44
taken over by FT8, being able to use all of 1810-40 seems a good move.

Personally I’ve had a line noise here for 20 years I’ve never found the
source. It has a never-moves null at 1831 that I will be able to use in the
ARRL 160 now.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone