Re: Topband: ARRL 160M and 1830-1835 change

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160M and 1830-1835 change
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 11:59:23 -0700
On 10/22/2020 6:35 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
Does anyone recall, when the rule was officially changed? It wasn't being
well respected in some previous years if it was in effect.

It's long been outdated, and is from the days when intercontinental really meant "trans-Atlantic." My guess is that the QST reference was an cut and paste by someone ignorant of the rule change.

What I view as FAR more important are the dirty signals produced by some popular rigs.

73, Jim K9YC