Re: Topband: 160 activity night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 activity night
From: Henk Remijn PA5KT via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 22:32:48 +0200
In Region 1 there is no 160m band above 1900 for most countries.

1840 is a good place, it only takes 2.5kHz of spectrum.

Anyway as there are no cw stations at all most of the 160m band is not used most of the time.

I did try to cq on cw some weeks ago when I did have holidays but no replies, only RBN spots.
Then when I try cq on ft8 I make contacts.

I am still working and being active in the week is difficult, even if working from home, so I focus on the weekend usually in contests.

73 Henk PA5KT