Re: Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m
From: Chris Moulding <chrism@crosscountrywireless.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 10:10:44 +0000
Thanks again for all the comments. Very interesting especially the reasoning behind the designs.

The device I've picked for my design is the LTC6228. This is a new device by Analog Devices that only came out late last year. The voltage noise is 0.88 uV/sqrt Hz and the current noise is 3 pA/sqrt Hz. Claimed output IP product performance is <-100 dBc at 4V peak to peak output.

The device is available in SOT-23 package from DigiKey and Mouser.

I'm planning to use the imminent coronavirus lockdown over here in the UK to get some PCB designs done.

73, Chris G4HYG