Re: Topband: EZNEC

To: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: EZNEC
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:53:29 -0700

On 3/9/2020 8:02 PM, Chortek, Robert L. wrote:
Good Evening,

I’ve just downloaded the demo version of EZNEC and I am working through the tutorials.   I’m trying
to model a vertical with four elevated radials on 160 m. The problem I’m having is I can’t figure
out how to separate the radials from the vertical and put the source at the base of the vertical and the radials.
All five wires are connected and I can’t separate them.

You might be getting an error that says something
to the effect that a source can't be in a segment
that has junctions.  The solution is to place the
source on the 2nd segment from the bottom of the
vertical and use the bottom segment as the place
to connect the radials.  Does this make sense?

Rick N6RK