Re: Topband: EZNEC

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: EZNEC
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 20:21:05 -0700
On 3/9/2020 8:02 PM, Chortek, Robert L. wrote:
I can’t figure out how to separate the radials from the vertical and put the source at
the base of the vertical and the radials. All five wires are connected and I can’t
separate them.

Hi Bob,

Sources go in Wires. For this antenna, the source goes at the bottom end of the vertical wire. Click on the Sources tab. It will ask how far from End 1 in %. If End 1 is at the bottom, say 0%.

BTW, it's good to make all segments the same length, especially near a source, so tweak lengths of either the radials or the vertical wire. You can see segment length in View Antenna by clicking on each wire.

Especially with verticals, it's important to get Ground characteristics to match yours. Do that on the Ground Descrip tab, then right click in the window that opens and select from that opens.

73, Jim K9YC