Re: Topband: COSMIC RAY UPDATE

To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Topband: COSMIC RAY UPDATE
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 09:59:25 -0600
Interesting. After reading that Spaceweather article, I had my radiation
detector app running on my tablet two days ago, and there was no doubt that
it was picking up significantly more counts per minute than I've ever seen!
However, the background count last night had dropped to almost normal,
indicating that the cosmic ray level had fallen off.

You can get this free "Geiger counter" app on the Google Play store. It is
very good. It uses one of the cameras as a sensor. Written by a German
scientist, it'll also detect radon gas, radium watch dials, the Americium
from a smoke detector,
some rocks, etc.

73, Mike
W0BTU