Re: Topband: COSMIC RAY UPDATE

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: COSMIC RAY UPDATE
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 06:31:49 -0500
From:  https://www.cq160.com/scores.htm

The 20 all time highest CQ160CW scores for USA::

Year    Instances (ranks)
2018:  1 (#9)
2017:  1 (#20)
2013:  1 (#18)
2011:  4 (#5, 8, 11, 15)
2010:  3 (#3, 6, 10)
2009:  10 (#1, 2, 4, 7, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19)

2009 + 11 year cycle = 2020. However the great conditions of 2009 were
actually SLIGHTLY AFTER the cycle 24 minimum in December 2008.  If the new
minimum is as forecast in April 2020, it could be that the best conditions
will be slightly past that minimum (i.e. during the upcoming 2020-2021
season).  Time will tell.

73,  Bill  W4ZV