Re: Topband: FT8 on 160 - how you can make a difference

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 on 160 - how you can make a difference
From: Paul Mclaren <paul.mcl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 23:25:27 +0100
For me it is quite simple CW and SSB when I am in the shack and FT8 when I
am not.  It’s the same for all bands and has actually increased my
enjoyment and access to the radio.

I don’t have the luxury to spend hours in the shack so finding out what is
being received when I am busy is a definite bonus.  I can also connect over
the WiFi from the iPad to remote control the shack PC and make a few
contacts at hours of the day I would not usually have chance to be on the
radio.

As has been said it is pretty interesting to see what is going on when you
can be on the band 24/7.

Regards

Paul MM0ZBH