Re: Topband: FT8 on 160 - how you can make a difference

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 on 160 - how you can make a difference
From: Phil Duff <na4m@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 17:00:37 -0500
> On Aug 3, 2019, at 4:32 PM, Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net> wrote:
>
> I worked very little DX on 6M until FT8 so there is still something more
> going on than you have discovered in your testing.
>
> Cecil
> K5DL

From my experience - it's simply that there is much more DX using FT8 on all
bands than other modes.

Not long after FT8 was released firing it up on 80m at fall morning sunrises
was very revealing. The amount and variety of DX available from the Far East on
FT8 was eye-opening whereas CW/SSB were very slim pickings if existent at all
on any given morning.

No signs of that changing - except maybe continuing to increase.

73 Phil NA4M

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink[dot]net