Re: Topband: RFI on TB

To: Brian Campbell <ve3mgy@hotmail.ca>, Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>, "Gary@ka1j.com" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI on TB
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 12:55:06 -0700

On 7/25/2019 11:55 AM, Brian Campbell wrote:
You can put me in that group as well. Here are just two recent examples.

I'm with you both, never rule out your vertical!

During one ARRL 160 contest a few years ago, conditions were such that I
used my inverted-L over 90% of the time *even though I had two 580'
switchable-direction Beverages*. Signals at my central USA location were
coming in from all directions.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com<http://www.w0btu.com>

In recent ARRL 160 contests I used my TX vertical on RX for all QSO's
and came in first place, high power, in the Pacific Division.
Must not be too bad.  Worked boatloads of JA's.

I kept trying RX antennas and none of them beat the vertical
in A/B tests.  I really wanted them to.

Rick N6RK