Re: Topband: FCP vs Gull Wing Elevated Radials

To: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP vs Gull Wing Elevated Radials
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 14:38:20 -0500
Hi Wes,

I have also always had the highest regard for 99.9% of anything that W8JI
has stated.

However, I feel exactly the same way about K2AV (and, of course, Rudy too).
In this particular case, I am inclined to listen to Guy and the others here
who have discussed and used the FCP.

Probably, the FCP is a little inferior to either lots of radials or a few
(two or more) elevated radials (like I have, which I assume is what is
meant by "gull wings"). But for those who do not have the room for the said
radials, K2AV's FCP is ab-so-lute-ly the way to go, isn't it?

Not to pick on Tom, but he posted his page about silicone dielectric grease
as a rebuttal to what I said about it, based on my particular experience
with the brand of grease I used at the time. That and his article about the
FCP are the only two times that I disagreed with him. :-) I was very lucky
indeed to have him as one of my elmers.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com