Re: Topband: choke/bleeder resistor on RXvertical?

To: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: choke/bleeder resistor on RXvertical?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 15:04:41 -0600
Precisely, Peter! There was no DC path to ground on my inverted-L, because
the tuner at the base was just two or three capacitors.

A spark gap across the resistor will also discharge surge voltages from
nearby lightning strikes. The tips of my homebrew shunt spark gap melted
more than once from that. And that's why I use Ohmite Type OY resistors for
that.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com