Re: Topband: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters - Station Location and Boundary

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters - Station Location and Boundary
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 02:38:46 +0000
FWIW,

My 2cents. The continuing threads about DXCC rules bother me. At what point does a rule need to be changed? Regarding remote receive I suppose I accept a private remote with say 10km radius. Group or Club rent a RX, No way! There is no value in anything unless you make an effort yourself.

The ARRL DXCC rules already diminished in any value personal or whatever in the DXCC award.  The US is a large country with greatly different propagation zones in all corners. The dial up rent a rig business, brainless FT8 operation and the fact that many of the TOP Honor Roll folks have lived and operated in multiple call sign zones throughout their tenure make the paper nearly meaningless.

This leaves the last straw of honor if that, in contesting. Where one can honestly compete with people in a more or less fair category if not local region. A place where you might actually learn something like, techniques, skills, propagation, station construction and other technologies.

So quit crying about working the last one. Life is too fricking short. Step up to the plate and quit whining like a spoiled rotten kids and get in a contest or two. At least for the most part rules are followed and there are enough categories to satisfy most stations. It might even give a few of you a few goals in life other than griping.

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35OS

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein