Re: Topband: Radial wire

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial wire
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 14:23:27 -0400
Well, electric fence wire comes in various levels of galvanizing.  The
cheap stuff such as RedBrand is class 1 and is galvanized to 0.28 oz of
zinc per square foot.  Bekaert Wire 17ga which is 0.80 oz per sq. ft. and
is also available from Tractor Supply.  I've never seen any electric fence
wire that was better than that.  It goes for the same price as RedBrand,
but typically has to be ordered...at least that's the story from my Tractor
Supply.  So, $29.99 for 1/2 mile.  RedBrand is made in the USA and Bekaert
is made in Belgium.  That exhausts my info on electric fence wire!  8*)

73,
Ken - K4XL

--
Ken - K4XL