Re: Topband: Radial wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial wire
From: Brian Pease <bpease2@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 17:20:27 -0400
I just use 2-conductor military field phone wire with the 2 insulated wires in parallel.  There is so little current in each radial (I have 137 radials 100 ft long) that the small partly-steel wire works fine.  The rugged poly insulation should protect the wire forever and makes zero difference in radial performance.  I just stretched it out in my 1 acre field with garden staples and in one year it has been buried by the thatch.  I did solder each crimped terminal, and they are above ground and protected from the weather.