Re: Topband: Biodegradable staples

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Biodegradable staples
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 22:01:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Larry,

A 600 foot Beverage 6 feet is a superb topband receiving antenna,
especially if you're careful to prevent common mode signals
on the outside of the coaxial cable shield from entering the
coaxial cable feedline.

BOGs are good alternatives if you can't install a 500-600 foot
Beverage, but their performance is significantly inferior. Compared
to a Beverage, their low angle response is poor, their beamwidth is
much broader, their sensitivity is poor and their susceptibility to
common mode signals on the coaxial feedline is much worse.

73
Frank
W3LPL