Re: Topband: Laying ground radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Laying ground radials
From: "VK3HJ" <vk3hj_luke@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 22:38:24 +1000
Thanks all.

I have located a supplier of 1.5 mm building wire for a similar price as mentioned. This will save me a couple hundred bucks and give me more robust wire.

I have been looking at the various sources for details of a suitable radial plow and will consider my options.

Close in to the base of the mast I will have to work out something to fill in the first metre or so radius, as the density of the radials will be too great to plow them in. Maybe I'll build a fence to exclude the stock and lay the first metre or so on top of the ground. I have a quantity of scrap earth wire that I may use for this purpose and solder the radial wires to this.

This will be a job for later in the winter, when I have time and resources to do this.

73,

Luke VK3HJ