Re: Topband: Straws in the wind, continued or, "Where's the DX?"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Straws in the wind, continued or, "Where's the DX?"
From: cqtestk4xs--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 18:01:08 -0400
My two cents...

I've got no problem with advances in technology, but I chose to use what I want
to use...and it ain't FT-8.  Every mode other than FT-8 requires a person to
tune in a station and to take part in the contact.  The idea of being able to
take a nap and make QSOs while my computer is talking to yours leaves me cold.
I understand the use for weak signal work, but if I can't "hear" him, I didn't
make the Q, my computer did.

If that's your idea of fun, go to it.  I'll stick to more buggy and whip
stuff...like busting pileups or running a 250 hour.  Things that require
operating technique skill  of a human being.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS