Re: Topband: Straws in the Wind ....A 160m Dx'ing Sea Change is Upon us!

To: Jim N7US <jim@n7us.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Straws in the Wind ....A 160m Dx'ing Sea Change is Upon us!
From: Hans Hjelmström <sm6cvx@hjelmstrom.se>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 18:44:38 +0200
SORRY to say. Of course everyone do what they like to do,
BUT  FT8 and ,,,no hearing QSO:s,,, will destroy our hobby.
Same for me last 6 meter season . Had a 1 hour opening on 6 meter from Florida,
to Minnesota and California   on CW,,,,BUT made 7 QSO during 1 hour of open
band. Most people were on FT8  making ,,,,,contacts ?  computer to computer ,
and very very
few on SSB or CW.   FT8 should be ok IF signal were minimum  minus 1 db.
Everything below that,you can not hear…..

Sorry. Lets TRY to activate 6 meter coming season on SSB and CW as much
as we enjoy,and ,,,,may be ,,, we see a change back to normal.

Kind regards

Hans SM6CVX