Re: Topband: DX Engineering NCC-1 phase controller

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Engineering NCC-1 phase controller
From: Kris Mraz <n5kilomike@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 15:49:36 -0600
I use the MFJ-1025 (similar to the NCC-1) with my SAL-20. In my case I use my
TX antenna as the sense input. My xcvr (FTdx5000) internally feeds the
TX antenna to an
output connector while in receive. So I just feed that signal to the
MFJ-1025. Works
great on local powerline buzz as well as switching PS noise that may drift into
my receive BW. On 80m my TX antenna is a 4sq and on 160m it's a vertical.

Re: SAL pattern. The null is at 180 degrees if you have the delay line
and couplers
configured right. See the users manual and 4nec2 model. But this is
more appropriate
fodder for the sharedapexloop yahoo forum.

73,
Kris N5KM