Topband: DX Engineering NCC-1 phase controller

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DX Engineering NCC-1 phase controller
From: Rune Øye <runeegil@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 07:46:52 +0000
Hi all, i have just received my christmas gift from the "princses" a NCC-1 from
Dx Engeneering. My plan is to use this with my SAL30  RX array on antenna port
A and a single "noise antenna" on port B. My plan is to make the noise antenna
from a single wire. How much of an "noise antenna" is needed to get enough
signal. I dont have any receiver amplifier available. Would a single vertical
wire of approx 25 foot be good enought.What about front end protection?. When i
use the "TX to GND" function on the NCC-1, is that suffisient ?. Running 1KW
from my Acom 2000 and TX antenna is located in a distance of approx 1/2 wave
lenght. My 80 meter inv V dipol antenna will be located approx 100 feet from
any of the RX antennas. The NCC-1 is expencive so i am a bit parranoid and
would hope it last for more than a day :-)
73 Rune LA7THA