Re: Topband: beverage layout

To: "'Mike Waters'" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "'Bill Hider'" <n3rr@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: beverage layout
From: "Jon Zaimes" <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:01:40 -0500
An alternative to Bill's "stacked" wires is to use a single wire, with
feedlines to both ends, and a SPDT relay at each end to either connect the
Beverage wire to the feedline transformer or to ground it through a
terminating resistor. The relay voltage may be piggy-backed on the feedline,
with appropriate capacitor and resistor at each end to isolate the DC from
RF. Switching to one or the other feedline in the shack then switches
directions.

I used that system on several wires in the '80s and '90s and it worked well.

K1VR also wrote about a variation without the relays, bringing both
feedlines to the shack and switching there, with the unused one terminated
through a 72-ohm resistor (he was using 72-ohm feedline).

73/Jon AA1K
Felton, Delaware
www.aa1k.us