Re: Topband: ADC Overload

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ADC Overload
From: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <steve@flexradio.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:25:12 -0500
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com> wrote:

> But my main
> point here is that a high end xcvr vendor should hopefully not hamstring
> the receiver AGC with a lower dynamic range and prevent such techniques.
>
> Thanks for listening & 73,
> Barry N1EU

​You can certainly adjust the levels to whatever suits you -- I threw 40dB
out as a typical number.  For more dynamic range, you can lower the AGC
threshold.  You can, of course, turn it off and have the full dynamic
range, but I don't know of anyone that would find this comfortable.​

​73,
Steve​

Stephen Hicks, N5AC
VP Engineering
FlexRadio Systems™
4616 W Howard Ln Ste 1-150
Austin, TX 78728
Phone: 512-535-4713 x205
Email: steve@flexradio.com
Web: www.flexradio.com
Click Here for PGP Public Key
<https://sites.google.com/a/flex-radio.com/pgp-public-keys/n5ac>

*Tune In Excitement™*
PowerSDR™ is a trademark of FlexRadio Systems