Re: Topband: Brave New World

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Brave New World
From: Charlie <weeksmgr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:16:19 -0600
Mike, the difference is that on the DX Net, everyone was not using the same
transmitter and receiver.

I am not trying to protect my superior location from competition.   It is on a
rock cliff directly south of Cleveland and 30 miles from KY.  It is, on
balance, pretty good and I get my share of DX.   Those guys over in the eastern
panhandle of WV, the suburbs of DC, now they have some prop worth protecting
:-)

Nowhere in my post did I say users of the paid remote or any remote were
abusing the rules.  In fact, I said the remotes are in compliance with the DXCC
and FCC rules.

At some point, if everyone feels they have to spend $$ and use a remote
superstation  to be competitive in Topband
DXing,  you will see an impact in the pileups, especially short/marginal
openings.

As I said, it is what it is.  I am generally a supporter of the technology.  My
view of it is not through rose colored glasses.
We will all adjust.

73 Charlie N8RR