Re: Topband: Brave New World

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Brave New World
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:08:55 -0700
Except it is not an ABUSE of the rules. People feel that it is an abuse but it is fully sanctioned by the ARRL.

If people want to pay to use a station in NY that is their choice. How does that choice impact any of us? My DXCC and awards are MINE your participation on the bands has nothing to do with me working a station. Maybe you beat me out in a pile up but chances are I am still going to work the DX. We in the west have to work through the east coast wall to Europe and Africa and the Middle East. What exactly is the difference? You don't want to see your built in advantage of location minimized.

I worked DX in Montana where I lived in the Summers and I am counting it. My stations, my contacts. I worked DX in a number of locations in Colorado. Once again my contacts, my awards, my dx. I can move to W1 land and still make contacts that count toward my DXCC. Why does anyone care about MY DXCC award. My award has no bearing on your award. So the only pure way or the right way to do it is that if I want an built in advantage, I have to actually spend more money to actually move to W1 land and build a station? Then it magically becomes ok?

Remote receivers are probably being used all the time now. No way in the world to catch anyone doing it. There are so many of them. That is not what this discussion is about though. Cheaters will cheat regardless of the rules.

Mike W0MU