Re: Topband: Brave New World

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Brave New World
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:36:26 -0600
Bingo. Exactly.

And there's one thing that no one has mentioned yet: A station in a
contest, that's remotely-controlled over the internet, has the significant
disadvantage of time delays.

Oh, yes they do. I don't care how big and fast a pipe anyone buys.

Those delay times are not only unpredictable, they vary from a fraction of
a second to many seconds. Figure it out.

Enough of this bickering. Can't we all just get along, and decide to have
fun with our own stations? Much ado about nothing.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com